Venue, Timing, Cost
What will I learn?
Spend a day learning how to use a painting knife to create thick, textural (impasto style) painting using either acrylic or oil paint.
● Use techniques such as building thick paint layers and scraffito (scratching).
● Use additives to thicken paint and create interesting textures
● Use light & dark paint tones to create 3D effect and drama
● Sketch & paint from 3D or own your photo.
● Use oil paints safely and how to clean up efficiently after using oils and acrylics.
Is this course for me?
This workshop is suitable for all, however some experience in drawing and painting will be helpful.
What do I need to bring?
Bring overalls, rags (for wiping knives), palette and painting knives, paint mixing palette, either acrylic paint or oil paints (large tubes of yellow, red, blue, and white), supports such as canvas, canvas boards, charcoal or soft pencils, eraser, ruler, sketching paper, 3D items such as fruit, vegetables, items from home or your own photographs.
Enrol now at https://www.adultlearningbc.ac.uk/courses/palette-knife-painting-worksho... or call 01296 382403.