Bucks Art Weeks Terms and Conditions for the Bucks Art Weeks Competition and Exhibition 27/07/2022
1) The “Terms and Conditions” herein relate to an art competition entitled the “The Bucks Art Weeks Competition” (the “Competition”) which will run between 1st August 2022 and the 14th August 2022 on the Bucks Art Weeks website, and the Exhibition thereafter (the "Exhibition") which will take place at the Stowe and Waddesdon National Trust properties on the 17th/18th September and 24th/25th September, respectively.
2) The closing date for entries is 14th August 2022. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
3) ALL current paid up BAW members are eligible to enter and to vote for their favourite piece of work in each category. The Competition will open on the website and run between the 17th August - 1st September when the vote will close. The tally of votes will take place the week of the 5th September. Winners in each category will be decided and contacted during that week. The Top 5 winning artists/makers in each category must be willing to have their piece collected by/delivered to the Exhibition organisers at a venue tba between 5th - 15th September in readiness for the Stowe Exhibition. ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE WILLING TO HAVE THEIR PIECE EXHIBITED AT BOTH NATIONAL TRUST VENUES. The Exhibition will be curated/presented by the BAW Chair and the committee on the afternoon of the 16th of September in readiness for the Exhibition start on the 17th September. After the Sunday judging, the exhibition will move the following weekend (24th /25th September) to the National Trust, Waddesdon. All pieces of art & craft work will be covered by Public Liability Insurance during this time by Bucks Art Weeks, at both venues. Artists are also recommended to ensure that their own PLI is up to date.
4) The winners will be selected by a panel of carefully selected judges. The winners will be announced on the 18th of September at Stowe NT following the judging, and then placed on the Bucks Art Weeks website and social media platforms. The decisions of the judging panel will be final. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
5) The works will be judged on the following criteria: 1. originality 2. use of materials 3. interpretation of theme (if applicable) 4. overall impression and success of intent
6) Entry to the competition costs £5.00 per exhibit entry and is open to all current Bucks Art Weeks members. One entry per member. Entries will not be accepted from members of the judging panel (or their families) or the general public.
7) Your entry must be original and entirely your own work. Your entry must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. Joint submissions will not be accepted.
8) Entries should not contain anything that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, offensive, private or otherwise unsuitable. Entries must be suitable for public display and for audiences of all ages.
9) Artwork must be uploaded to the Bucks Art Weeks website, including a title of your artwork and the dimensions. Files must be less than 5 MB and can be submitted in the following formats: png, jpg, or jpeg. There is no limit to the size of the artwork submitted. Any type of art media may be used. Do not add watermarks to your photo or JPEG file. Both physical media and digital or computer-generated artworks created on computer, smartphone, tablet or similar are eligible. The image supplied must be high resolution (approaching 1MB - 5MB).
10) Work can be entered in the following categories which appear in the drop-down menu of artforms in the website. Books & Paper Craft inc. Calligraphy, Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Glass and Mosaics, Illustration, Jewellery, Metalwork, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Textiles & Leather, Wood, Furniture and Weaving.
11) Bucks Art Weeks will credit artists in all printed material, online social platforms and in other reproductions of their work.
12) We will only process your personal information for the purposes of this competition.
13) Bucks Art Weeks reserves the right:
a) to disqualify any entry (including the winning entry), which breaches any of these terms and conditions;
b) to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control; and
c) to amend these terms and conditions at any stage in any way.
14) Late, ineligible, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. Bucks Art Weeks cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost, not received or not properly registered.
15) Your entry into the Competition will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
16) Enquiries about this competition should be directed to Paola, firstname.lastname@example.org